Our Graduate Attributes
SSET aims in inculcating the following graduate attributes
- Strong knowledge base for engineering: Demonstrate proficiency in mathematics,
science and fundamentals of engineering.
- In depth knowledge of the field of study: Sufficient breadth and depth of knowledge and
understanding of engineering subjects in respective fields.
- Problem Solving skills: Ability to identify, devise, analyze, and solve
- Investigate Engineering problems: Ability to conduct investigations of
problems by methods that include appropriate experiments, analysis and interpretation of
data and synthesis of information in order to reach valid conclusions.
- Designing solutions: Demonstrate efficacy in designing solutions for complex,
engineering problems and to design systems, components or processes that meet specified
needs with due attention to economic, environmental, cultural, societal and global
- Utilize Modern Tools: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and
modern engineering and IT tools.
- Individual and team work: An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interpersonal and Communication skills: Ability to communicate engineering concepts
precisely and effectively, not only with engineers but also with the community at large.
Such ability includes reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the ability to
comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, and to give and
effectively respond to clear instructions.
- Professionalism: An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the
engineer in society, especially the primary role of protection of the public and the public
- Safeguard Environment and Society: An ability to investigate social and
aspects of engineering activities.
- Ethical Values: Ability to function as responsible individuals with ethical
accountable to society at large.
- Life-long learning: To be enthusiastic and eager for undertaking life-long learning
the continual updating of engineering skills and further to contribute to the advancement