- B. Tech Production Engineering (Sree Chithra Thirunal College of Engineering, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala)
- M.E CAD-CAM (SEC Pudukkottai, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- Ph.D. (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Campus, BITS-Pilani, Rajasthan)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering, SCMS school of Engineering and Technology, Karukutty, Ernakulam, Kerala (01.02.2021-Till Date)
- Adhoc Faculty in Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Kozhikode, Kerala (23.01.2019 to 08.05.2019)
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department, Saveetha Engineering College, Thandalam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu (23.07.2018 to 31.12.2018)
- Research Scholar (JRF and SRF) in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Campus, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan (01.08.2013 to 27.10.2020)
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department, KMEA Engineering College, Edathala, Kochi, Kerala (01.03.2013 to 31.07.2013)
- Lecturer in Department of Safety and Fire Engineering Department, School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala (02.06.2010 to 31.01.2011)
- Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department, Al Ameen Engineering College, Kulappully, Shornur, Palakkad, Kerala (25.02.2009 to 31.05.2010)
- Assistant Manager in The Federal Bank Limited, Thiruvananthapuram Zone and Ernakulam Zone, Kerala (23.10.2007 to 05.01.2009)
- Graduate Apprentice Trainee in Rocket Fabrication Facility, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala (01.03.2007 to 31.09.2007)
- Software Engineer in Infosys Limited Mysore GEC and Bangalore DC(APAC), Karnataka (17.07.2006 to 05.01.2007)
Key Responsibilities Held
- Coordinated as part of the team for transformation of local clearing house systems to Centralized Electronic Clearing in Ernakulam district in The Federal Bank Limited (Service branch Marine Drive Kochi).
- Coordinated workshops and events as a part of departmental assistance in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Campus.
- Worked as JRF and SRF and completed successfully a DST sponsored project – “Characterization of surface errors in machining of thin-walled curved geometries” in the Department of Mechanical Engineering BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus.
Faculty in charge of Industry-Institute Council, SCMS
- Engineering Graphics
- Production Process and Techniques
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Casting and Welding
- Manufacturing Processes
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines
- Occupational Health and Hygiene Management
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Materials
- Metal Cutting and Machining
- System Modelling and Simulation
- Design of Experiments
- Process Mechanics
- Safety Engineering
- Occupational Health and Environment
Science Citation Index/Scopus Indexed
- Vivek Kanjiangat, Manikandan Hareendran, “Engineering Intervention to Reduce API Dust Exposure During Milling Operation” Journal of Chemical Health and Safety (Volume 25, Issue 1, January-February 2018 Pages 36-39). Online ISSN: (1793- 8198) (Citations:1)
- Vivek Kanjiyangat, Manikandan Hareendran,” Coal Dust Exposure Reduction Using Water Mist System: A Case Study Journal of Chemical Health and Safety Volume 25, Issue 4, July–August 2018, Pages 28-32. Online ISSN: (1871- 5532) (Citations:2)
- Manikandan H, Sreejith S “A study on Surface Quality of Thin-Walled Machined Parts", Elsevier Materials Today Proceedings, Volume 5, Issue 9, Part 3, 2018, Pages 18730-18738 Online ISSN: (2214-7853) (Citations:2)
- Manikandan H, Sreejith S, Vivek Kanjiyangat, Jayaram C Sasi, Azeemhafiz P, “Error Compensation Strategies for Workpiece Deflection During End Milling of Thin- Walled Straight and Curved Geometries” 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Mechanical Engineering 2019, Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus, Ibrahimpatnam, Telengana, India (Published as a book chapter in a Book as part of Springer Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering) (Citations:2)
IET Inspec Indexed
- Tufan Chandra Bera, Manikandan H, Ankit Bansal, Devashish Nema, “A Method to Determine Cutting Force Coefficients in Turning Using Mechanistic Approach”, International Journal for Materials Mechanics Manufacturing, Volume 6, Number 2, Page 99-103 (Apr. 2018) Online ISSN: (1793-8198)
Non – Indexed
- H. Manikandan, T. C. Bera, Suraj. K. Patil, “Study of Effect of Feed on Cutting Force Coefficients in Turning”, Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering, 2(1), 2015, 70-73. Online ISSN: (2393-9109); Print ISSN (2393-9095)
- H. Manikandan, Saurabh Dilip Jagtap, T. C. Bera “A Statistical Study on Effects of Fundamental Machining Parameters on Surface Topography", International Digital Library 1(3) March 2017.Online ISSN: (2465-3289)
- Nadakkavil Krishnakumar, Manikandan Hareendran, Vivek K “Study on Effectiveness of Interventional Measures in BBS Using Personality Traits.” Life Cycle Reliability and Safety Engineering, Springer, vol. 9, no. 4, 2020, pp. 353–358., doi:10.1007/s41872-020-00138-9.
- Manikandan H,Ashutosh Madhavarao Bable,T C Bera, “An Investigation on Thermal Aspect in Peripheral Milling of Thin-walled Geometries”, Hybrid and Composite Materials, Chemical Processing, Hyderabad, India, 2016.
- Tufan Chandra Bera, Manikandan H,Ankit Bansal,Devashish Nema, “A Method to Determine Cutting Force Coefficients in Turning Using Mechanistic Approach”,International Conference on Manufacturing Technologies 2017, San Diego, California, United States of America, 2017
- Vivek Kanjiyangat, Manikandan H, “Evaluation of a Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS) Method for Improving Safety Performance: A Case Study” 4th International Conference on Reliability, Safety and Hazard – 2019 (Advances In Risk Based Technology) I-CRESH, 2019, IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Manikandan H, “Design And Analysis Of Micro Turbine Compressor”, Proceedings of National Conference as part of ,National Level Technical Fest 'Strodisk 12',December 13th 15th,2012,Department of Mechanical Engineering, MES College of Engineering Kuttippuram,Malappuram,Kerala,India 2012.
- K Vivek, H Manikandan,”Reduction of Coal Dust Exposure Using Water Mist System”, Industrial Safety Management, 27-35, Springer, Singapore 2018.(Citations:2)
- Manikandan H,Sreejith S,Vivek Kanjiyangat, Jayaram C Sasi, Azeemhafiz P,“Error Compensation Strategies for Workpiece Deflection During End Milling of Thin-Walled Straight and Curved Geometries” ”(Springer Singapore,2019)
- Vivek Kanjiangat, Manikandan H, “Basic Principles of Industrial Hygiene”, Notion Press Chennai,2018, ISBN 978-1-64429-392-8
- Participated in Joint Indo-German Conference on Sustainable Engineering (Theme: Skilling India for Digital and Sustainable Future) at BITS Pilani on, September 15-16,2017.
- Participated in 2nd Indo-German Workshop on Green Manufacturing, at BITS Pilani on November 7, 2013
- Participated in Faculty Development Program at TLC, IIT Madras Chennai on 29-31 August, 2018.
- Participated in MHRD-TEQIP III Sponsored workshop on “Research Writing: Technical and Language Aspects” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering NIT Calicut on 16th March 2019.
- Participated in Faculty Development Program at TLC, BITS Pilani on September 7, 2019.
- Participated in 3rd Indo-German Conference on Sustainable Engineering (Themes: Engineering, Entrepreneurship and Education) at BITS Pilani on September 16-17,2019.
- Participated in International Conference on Maintenance and Intelligent Asset Management at Manipal Academy of Higher Education Bangalore on January 17-18,2020. (Virtual Participation via skype)
- Participated in Faculty Development Program, titled as “Know Everything about Research” at ICET Muvattupuzha, Kerala on 23-28 July 2020.
Awards and Honours
- 17th Rank in SSLC 2000, DPI, Kerala State.
- Honorary AMIE awarded from IEI Centre BITS Pilani, Rajasthan. (AM-151344-6)
Google Scholar Link
Other Research Addresses
Researcher ID: C-1446-2017
Scopus Author IDs: 57195471499(BITSP), 57214794812(NITC)