SSET has been looking for new avenues to expand; and research is one such which it has been lately focusing on. Strengthening research is one of its objectives towards pursuit of excellence. It has a well-established research cell run by coordinators from various disciplines. The research activities of SSET are based on a well-defined policy making possible the carryout of unified research practices at the institution. It has been mainly focusing on multi-disciplinary projects which are the need of the hour. The faculty and students are also involved in projects of societal impact and socio-economic concern.
Research Cell of SSET
- Dr. Vinod P.(Dean- Research and Publications) - Computer Science and Engineering
- Dr. Sheeja Janardhanan - Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Sunil Jacob - Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dr. Ratish Menon - Civil Engineering
- Dr. Balagopal Menon - Automobile Engineering
- Dr. Sreelekha Menon - Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Ms. Sreeja Rajesh - Computer Science and Engineering
- Ms. Beena Puthillath - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ms. Shereena Gaffoor - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
On-going Multi-disciplinary Projects in SSET
Research Plans for The Next Five Years
- Focus and improve on the present research forte
- Develop a strategic research plan
- Increase the intake of post graduate students and research scholars with fellowship
- Encourage undergraduate students to carryout research projects
- Spread awareness about existing research among newly recruited faculty
- Take up multi-collaborative projects and faculty exchange programs with foreign universities
- Improve quality of the principal investigators so as to attract more funding
- Carryout research strictly adhering to the research policy of the institution
- Improve teaching standards as research and teaching are intrinsically linked and mutually complementary.
- Emerge as a leader in dissemination of knowledge by focusing on increased number of faculty development programmes, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Bring in visiting Professors and Post Docs
- Support for individual and group research activities by the management
- Enhance access to journals and periodicals.
- Include research in the curriculum (after achieving autonomy)
- Build capabilities in emerging areas of socio-economic importance
- Make research useful to the society
- Foster the networking with industries
- Provide periodic training for SSET faculty in writing quality papers and publishing research findings.
- Ultimately promoting clean technologies, eco-friendly activities, healthy lives and resilient communities