Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee (Established – 2013)
Policy on Sexual Harassment
With regard to the Supreme Court Judgement and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at work places, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998, to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell and a committee; to develop guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging at the universities and colleges. Keeping the above guidelines in view MCA Department has constituted a Committee against Sexual Harassment.
The measures taken by the committee are:
1. Provide a congenial and conducive atmosphere in which students, teachers and non-teaching staff can work together in an environment free of violence, harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. All forms of gender violence, sexual harassment, and discrimination are strictly prohibited. Every member is expected to be aware of the commitment to the right to freedom of expression and association, it strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination and violence.
- Prohibition of any various levelled persecution practiced in view of sex imbalance that forbids scholarly or scholastic development.
- Prevention of sexual orientation one-sided disposition with regards to the settling of the viability of work dispensed inside working hours.
- Protection of the basic privileges of women.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist ladies with realizing their rights of Freedom.
- To regard inappropriate behaviour as an offense and start reformatory activities for such wrongdoing.
- To help the distressed lady to put the grumbling.
- To protect the person who is exploited.
Types of Sexual Harassment:
- Any unwelcome lewd gestures, demands or interest for sexual favours, either unequivocally or verifiable, as an end-result of work, advancement, examination or assessment of a man towards any organization movement.
- Any unwelcome lewd gestures including verbal, non-verbal, or physical direct, for example, explicitly hued comments, jokes, letters, telephone calls, email, SMS, motions, demonstrating erotic entertainment, shocking gazes, physical contact or attack, stalking, sounds, show of pictures, signs, verbal or non-verbal correspondence which affronts the person’s sensibilities and influences her/his execution.
- Entry into particular territories reserved for female workers and understudies, with the expectation to submit insidiousness and provocation.
- Eve teasing, allusions and insults, physical imprisonment without wanting to and interruption into one’s protection.
- Act or direct by a man in power which makes an antagonistic situation at the work environment or scares the individual having a place with the other sex.
|Faculty Representative||Student Representative|
|Dr.Praveena||Ms. Ashly Rafel|
|Ms. Latha.K||Ms. Nasreen|
|Dr Sethulekshmy Nair||Ms.Praseetha G Pillai|
|Ms.Praseetha G Pillai||Ms Maria|
|Ms. Rose Paul||Naira Riyas|
Internal Compliance Committee and Anti Sexual Harassment Committee
Faculty code of conduct