- PhD in Biotechnology (November 2014)
- M.Sc in Biotechnology (April 2006)
- B.Sc in Biotechnology (April 2004)
University of Kerala
- Joined SCMS Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology on 1st June 2016
- PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu (May - Nov 2014)
Key Responsibilities Held
Responsibilities held at SCMS
- Undertaking independent research
- Project guidance for post-graduation and graduation students
- Handling theory classes for post-graduation and graduation courses
Responsibilities held at previous institutions
- Worked as Research Assistant in PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore
- Research on NPMASS-ADA Project, DRDO, Govt. of India entitled Fabrication of PDMS based platform/Micro fluidics based microPCR for the detection of oncogenic miRNAs in retinoblastoma patients serum.
- Enzyme Kinetics
- Molecular Biology
- Gene expression
- Nawaz, K. A., David, S. M., Murugesh, E., Thandeeswaran, M., Kiran, K. G., Mahendran, R., Palaniswamy, M., & Angayarkanni, J. (2017). Identification and in silico characterization of a novel peptide inhibitor of angiotensin converting enzyme from pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan). Phytomedicine, 36, 1-7. doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2017.09.013
- Salim, B., David S. M., Beta, M., Narayanan, J., Krishnakumar, S., & Lazar Mathew T. (2015). PMMA Platform Based Micro Fluidic Mixer for the Detection of MicroRNA- 18a from Retinoblastoma Serum. Journal of Analytical & Bioanalytical Techniques, 6(4). doi:10.4172/2155-9872.1000258
- David, S. M., Soundararajan, L., & Boopathy, R. (2015). The allele frequency of T920C mutation in butyrylcholinesterase gene is high in an Indian population. Gene, 555(2), 409-413. doi:10.1016/j.gene.2014.11.040
- David, S. M., Venkatesan, S. K., & Boopathy, R. (2013). An Indian butyrylcholinesterase variant L307P is not structurally stable: A molecular dynamics simulation study. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 203(1), 30-35. doi:10.1016/j.cbi.2012.10.010
Technical programs attended
Attended Training Programme on Plaxis 3D organised by Department of Civil Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technolgy, Kalamasserry in 2013 /li>
- A molecular beacon probe and a method for quantification of miRNA copy number directly from biological fluid with molecular beacon probe. (Co-inventor, Patent No. 3035/CHE/2015
- Presented a paper entitled 'Why human butyrylcholinesterase L307P variant is not structurally stable: A molecular dynamics simulation study' in 11th International meeting on Cholinesterases held in Kazan, Russia from 4th-9th June, 2012
- Presented a paper entitled 'Sociogenomic variations of four populations of south india with reference to butyrylcholinesterase activity' in 29th Kerala Science Congress held in Marthoma College, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India from 28th-30th January, 2017.
- International conference ‘CANCERCON-2014’ in IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India from 29th Jan-1st Feb, 2014
- One day seminar as part of National Technology Day-2017 on Indigenous technologies for the growth and development of Kerala, organized by SCMS Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology, Cochin, Kerala, in collaboration with KSCSTE, Govt. of Kerala on 12th May 2017
- 29th Kerala Science Congress held in Marthoma College, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India from 28th-30th January, 2017
- One day seminar on Intellectual Property Rights jointly organized by SCMS School of Technology and Management and Patent Information Centre, KSCSTE, Govt. of Kerala on 29th November 2016.
- National level seminar on ‘Frontiers in Biotechnology’, organized by Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore from 22nd-24th July 2009.
- National seminar on man and microbes’, by the Dept. of Microbial Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 46, held on 27th January, 2009.
- National level seminar on ‘Modern tools in Biotechnology’, organized by School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 46 on 22nd February 2008.
- National seminar on ‘Neutraceuticals: status and prospects’ conducted by the School of Biotechnology, Dr. G R Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore, T.N on 23rd and 24th September, 2005.
- National seminar on ‘Biochemistry based technology development’ conducted by the School of Biotechnology, Dr. G R Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore, T.N on 2nd and 3rd December, 2004.
- National seminar ‘Motif’, conducted by the Dept. of Bioinformatics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, held on 5th October, 2004.
Membership in any professional bodies
- Member of DBT-IBSC (Govt. of India) committee of SCMS Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology, Cochin.
Special Achievements (if any)
- Awarded Research Fellowship in Science for meritorious students (RFSMS) from UGC, Govt of India.